At Alexander McLeod Primary School we believe that learning never really ends. We encourage all members of the local community to continue learning and as a result we have developed our Parent College; a series of courses designed to build confidence, develop learning and increase social confidence for our parents and carers.
Parent College has been established since 2015 and runs a range of courses to ensure that parents and carers have the opportunity to learn skills to support their own progress as well as that of their children in school.
We offer a range of courses through our Parent College, these include:
- ESOL for Parents and carers new to English
- Functional skills in English and Maths
- Family ESOL for parents, carers and children
- Starting school workshops
- Parent Gym – a six-week programme to support with parenting.
As well as the courses listed above, our specialist subject leaders will put on a series of sessions throughout the year to support your child with their learning. These will include:
- Understanding the importance of e-safety and how to safeguard your children from the dangers online.
- Understanding phonics in the Early Years.
- Supporting your child with home reading.
- Developing our understanding of mathematical strategies.
Please keep an eye out for any of the courses mentioned above. If you wish to discuss any of the courses we have on offer please speak to Mrs Johnson or Ms Lucken.
Our parent workshops are a great way for you to develop your understanding of how your child learns and empower yourself to support them at home. Information regarding the workshops can be found on this page and more detailed reminders will be sent out closer to the course delivery date.